Jun 30, 2012

Ombre/Gradient Skittles Nails

A new day, a new post! :D

This is a manicure I had about a month ago, before my exams started. I used the Ombre (also known as gradient) technique - there are many tutorials on YouTube (for example: http://youtu.be/P2eXBjZ52lM ) so I won't get into details on how to make them - and I used many colors so I would make some sort of a rainbow with my nails... :)
I really like how it turned out and it put me in a cheerful mood, even though I had to study for my finals.

You will need a piece of sponge or a small make-up sponge, a piece of plastic on which you will mix the colors and a clean brush for the nail edges - where the sponge won't reach. You'll probably have to change the sponge after applying each color so I suggest you have more small pieces with many corners ( my sponge was star shaped).


I used Maybeline products, "Colorama" to be more exact, and I mixed them with French White:
- for the blue nails I used Party Blue
- for the pink ones I had Bubblicious and Urban Coral
- for the green nails I combined Green Park and Urban Turquoise
- the orange nails were painted with Urban Lemon, Urban Coral and Urban Orange
- and for the purple ones I used Dark Plum.

The top coat was another product from Maybeline - Express Manicure.

Even though it seems a bit complicated, I assure you that it isn't, once you get used to using the sponge as a Nail Art instrument and, as long as you don't mind having to clean your fingers around the nails, afterwards... :P

Bye bye! ^_^

0 shared dreams:

Post a Comment

 
©Suzanne Woolcott sw3740 Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo