Jul 29, 2017

Saturday's Theme - Places you'd love to visit

Hello, nail art lovers!

This week I'm taking you all on a trip to Egypt, through my nails! Since the theme required us to think of a place we'd love to visit, I thought about the place I'd really love to go back to, Egypt. I've been there for two weeks a few years ago, but there's still so much to see and learn! I was inspired by this lovely nail artist, but I gave the manicure my own twist.

I started off by painting my nails in a beige color and then, using the dry brush technique I made my nails resemble papyrus. After the base was dry, I painted hieroglyphs, Osiris' eye and an Ankh using black acrylic paint.


I was very happy with how my nails turned out and even though I thought about making them matte, I decided to leave them shiny so that the colors pop out.


Here;s a close up of my thumb's nail. It took about 5 minutes to paint all the symbols and I actually looked up some symbols from the Egyptian writing.


The only nail polish I used is from Avon's CC nail polishes collection, in the Caring Beige color.


Don't forget to visit other beautiful places with the help of these talented nail art bloggers:

0 shared dreams:

Post a Comment

 
©Suzanne Woolcott sw3740 Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo