Feb 15, 2015

Nail Team Challenge - Vintage Nails

Hello everyone!

This will be a short post cause I'm not particularly fond of my manicure or the nail polishes I chose.
And the pictures aren't the best, either...

Anyway, ta-daaah:

 When I think about something vintage I picture roses, lace and stripes. My manicure has two of these elements but in a different interpretation than usual. I used a white nail polish from Rimmel London (430 Porcelain) and over it I created 3D roses using the sugar spun technique - I let some white polish  to dry on a bit of paper and when it was gooey I used a toothpick to create the roses.

 The blue nail polish is Maybeline Colorama's Vintage Leather nr. 207, a nail polish that I don't get along with very well. It dries like a matte nail polish (DO NOT try to add another layer until the first one is completely dried up or you'll mess up everything) and has a matte finish but it needs about 3 coats to be opaque and it also has some glitter particles that stand out after the polish has dried. I used it because of its name...

The red nil polish was used because of its name as well - Essence Road Trip collection nr. 01 - Hit the road, red! - which is described as having a leather effect. I used 4 coats of this polish in order for it to have the required texture and be opaque but it looked weird next to the blue polish so I added a matte finish on top.


I used white acrylic paint to draw the lace pattern on the ring finger's nail. In my opinion the design turned out a little more arabic than lacey...

I hope you like this manicure more than I like it and please check out what the other girls have posted:

9 shared dreams:

J.F Productions said...

These look awesome honey! despite what you think, I personally believe that the lace effect looks awesome! <3

Unknown said...

Alb pe alb. Interesant, nu m-as fi gandit never la varianta asta. Arata interesant!

Manases Andrea said...

Wow, stiam eu ca o sa gasesc aici o explozie de creativitate! Interpretarea ta este divina!

Oana said...

Superb model,trandafirasii sunt Divini,pupicei <3

Sophiesticat said...

Multumesc foarte, foarte mult! Chiar nu credeam ca manichiura va fi atat de apreciata! :">

Taitzel said...

sunt superbe!!! imi plac mult trandafirasii <3

Kinga Curelea said...

Arata fantastic, crede-ma. Sunt mega originali si trandafirii m-au atras instant!

Unknown said...

Foarte elegante. Imi plac cele doua 3D :*

Iulia B. said...

doh! eu nu mă gândeam să fac așa frumos trandafirii niciodată! superbe unghiuțe! :)

Post a Comment

 
©Suzanne Woolcott sw3740 Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo