Are you ready to see my fail manicure? ( not my regular introduction, eh?)
For this week's theme I tried to recreate one of Simply Nailogical's manicures, the Neon Chevron Scaled Gradient Skittle one, to be more precise, and ended up with 4 big fails out of which I will show you the least horrible one.
I thought about trying a simpler manicure, but decided to post the fail instead, so that you can see how bad things can go sometimes.
1. As Cristine said, you need to use nail polishes that have a similar texture, to obtain a good gradient. Do not mix textures, unless you're a pro or, for some reason they mix well together! I used a creme and a very diluted nail polish that blended in too much.
2. Do not press the sponge to hard onto your nail - you can see the difference between my pointer na middle finger.
3. Always use good chevron guides and make sure there are no lose edges. My V tips did not come out well because I reused the same chevron guide (I was too lazy to cut more tape and reused the same one without properly adapting it to the nail shape.
4. Angle the V's in line with the tip of your nails so that they don't look as horrible as mine came out. Symmetry was not my strong point that night, either.
5. When taking pics, angle the camera in a way that doesn't make your nails look like you've just soaked them into water, a.k.a. mini shovels, like mine do. Also, lighting is super important. I took the pics in natural light... on a rainy day. -_-
Anyway, if you're curios of what I used, here they are:
- Avon Pastel Pink
- Extreme Long Lasting Nail Polish 25
Follow these links to see some pretty nails, after you had a good laugh looking at mine:
Gabi - http://paginidezisinoapte.ro
Iulia Maria - http://iuliafairynails.blogspot.ro
Claudia - http://www.claudiaschoice.ro
Alina - www.alinapink.ro
Corina - http://na-na-nails.blogspot.ro
Deyutza - http://deyutza87.blogspot.ro